Posting begins soon. I hope you're all ready! I trust no one in this group has gotten caught up in that petty apocalypse business, hmmm?
Alright, by "posting" I mean "submitting to the group" (in a Secret Santa folder that will be created when posting begins). You can post the deviation to your account if you finish earlier, just wait until your assigned day to submit.
Posting dates are from December 25 to January 3 (inclusive), with two authors per day. Everyone, comment with three dates you could post on. Assuming for most of you this will be three dates in a row, so I suppose you could comment with one date and imply the two on either side, but the option is there if there's anyone who will be away or something and maybe has a gap in when they can post. If you're fine with any day (like if you've already finished and are just waiting to submit), you can say that too.
It you have a multi-chaptered or a longer story, you can just post the first part on your day. The other parts can come at your leisure, BUT DO NOT SEE THIS AS A WAY OF GETTING OUT OF THE DEADLINE. There's nothing I can do, obviously, but if you do this I implore you to have your story fully planned out and certain to be finished soon. We don't want a prologue which is never continued.
Don't everyone leave it to the end. The period is there instead of a single deadline day to allow flexibility, but the posting day claims is to prevent the last day just becoming the new deadline.
I won't be putting up the posting order on a blog, but I'll reply on this blog to let each author know which date they're given. I'll also be doing either two or four roundup blogs during the period to publicise the stories as they are posted (yet to decide). Everyone is encouraged to read them all!
- No pressure, but please edit. We're not expecting the final of fifty drafts or anything, but stories must be proofread.
- Don't write what your prompt was. The prompts will be revealed with the authors in a blog after all the posting is done. I suppose you'll have to read all the stories to find yours
- If you like, you can edit your deviation after the reveal to to include the prompt in the author's notes.
- This isn't majorly strict. I'm not worrying about timezones or whatever, just get yours in around the day you said. If you're late by a few hours, no one's really going to know. That being said, please try to stick to your day as much as possible.
- Every author must comment on this blog to claim a date. I will hunt you down if you don't!